1. Ensure that our children are able to safely stay in school. Students have already lost so much due to Covid.
2. Parents have learned a lot about what students are learning and need to be in control of their kids' education and developmental needs, in consultation with educators.
1. Daily living is becoming increasingly unaffordable for all but our most wealthy citizens. I will support returning excess state tax revenues back to taxpayers and lowering taxes.
2. Maine small businesses, the backbone of our communities, have been devastated by our response to Covid and need to be strengthened. Every Maine community has lost well-loved, established businesses. We also need to return to a culture that values, encourages, and supports contributions from everyone.
3. I will promote generation of, and access to, abundant and affordable energy. High energy costs lead to higher prices for food and everyday items we need. There is no reason we should not have low-cost energy and be energy independent like we were until recently.
4. We need to avoid further Covid shutdowns or policies that further weaken our healthcare systems. A well-functioning economy is essential for the general health and well-being of Mainers. Several nursing homes and facilities serving individuals with disabilities have closed recently.
© Timothy Thorsen | 2021-2022 | All Rights Reserved